Note to Readers: Publisher does not guarantee quality or access to any included digital components if book is purchased through a third-party seller.
Praise for the second edition:
“In this book, the tools and clear presentation of information related to the actual testing process provide the learner with a framework for confidence as he or she prepares for the exam. More important, however, is the elaborate presentation of the certification content and the attention to the important physical and psychosocial elements of the human aging process.”
-Geraldine Bednash, PhD, RN, FAAN
American Association of Colleges of Nursing
This unrivalled resource contains all of the information every RN needs to successfully prepare for the Gerontological Nurse Certification Exam (GNCE). It provides a thorough review of key content that reflects the exam blueprint, proven test-taking strategies, and over 500 examination-style Q&As with in-depth rationales. The third edition is completely updated to reflect the most current clinical information. It includes new and expanded information on standardized patients and assessments, safety and security issues, hospice and palliative care, updated drug data, and test-taking and exam preparation tips.
With everything you need to pass the GNCE in one place, this resource promotes success through clear and concise content summaries and bulleted information, abundant tables and charts that reinforce knowledge, and more Q&As than any other GNCE resource. With the increasing elder population, the GNCE certification is essential to the availability of a nursing workforce educated in assessing and meeting the needs of older adults.
New to the Third Edition:
- New and updated information in every chapter!
- Demographics; population trends; and safety, security, and ethical issues
- Developmental stages including Maslow, Erickson and Kubler Ross
- New standardized patient assessments
- Physical, psychological, and spiritual principles of end-of-life care
- Major acute and chronic illnesses by body system
- All new drug information
- Time-tested exam strategies for success
- Critical thinking strategies and helpful memorization aids