Implement sophisticated and scalable continuous delivery environment for effective software development.
- Learn about all the tools inside Jenkins that can help write complex pipelines.
- Integrate Jenkins with some of the most popular DevOps tools for CI/CD
- A detailed guide about Jenkins Administration.
Jenkins represents a complete automated orchestration system. It can help converge once segregated groups into unified product development and delivery teams. By mastering the Jenkins platform and learning to architect and implement CI, CD, and Continuous Deployment solutions, your organization can learn to outmaneuver and outpace the competition.
The book starts with chapters dedicated to installing and setting up Jenkins on various platforms. It also includes a chapter about setting up an HA Jenkins server. Following an in-depth demonstration of Jenkins installation and setup, the book moves toward administrating and using Jenkins. Moving forward, readers get introduced to various elements and job types in Jenkins. Along with the introduction, the book also demonstrates the usage of various jobs in Jenkins with the help of a number of examples. After experiencing Jenkins, the book takes its readers on a journey to extend and integrate Jenkins with many other DevOps tools in order to achieve various continuous practices.
By the end of this book, you’ll have all the knowledge necessary to be the definitive resource for managing and implementing advanced Jenkins automation solutions for your organization.
What you will learn
- Set up Jenkins in some of the most popular ways
- Integrate Jenkins with other popular DevOps tools for CI/CD
- Write complex Jenkins pipelines using shared libraries
- Create and edit pipelines in Jenkins Blue Ocean
- Learn about Jenkins Configuration as Code (JCasC)
- Gather metrics about Jenkins for data analysis and visualization
Who This Book Is For
If you are a developer, DevOps engineer, manager, team lead, or an architect looking to expand your knowledge on Jenkins or wants to implement robust and scalable automation solutions with Jenkins, then this book is for you. Basic experience with Jenkins is expected.