The Hori Fighting Stick Mini (Ryu & Ken Edition) is perfect for those who are looking to start using a fighting stick, with no prior experience with sticks, and don't want to spend an arm and a leg for a high end fighting stick. For me, this fighting stick is perfect: I have no prior fighting stick or arcade experience, I'm pretty new to fighting games (such as Fatal Fury, King of Fighters, Samurai Shodown, etc.) so regardless of the controller, I have to start fresh and learn the basics... Enough about me, here's what I think of the stick:
- The stick itself: Is very clicky, responsive, and requires effort to be put into moving it (meaning you won't accidentally nudge it and mess up a combo or whatnot). I spent a couple days playing Garou: Mark of the Wolves with a Switch Pro Controller and was having trouble doing quarter circle motions but, after having this stick out of the box for no more than 2 hours, I already find doing these motions much easier.
- The buttons: They're good, but nothing special. just you're average plastic buttons. Very responsive and from what I can tell, & there's no input lag with this controller whatsoever. (which makes sense since it's wired)
- Stability: The rubber legs are the only downside to this stick... They're 4 small round rubber pieces placed at the four corners of the bottom. They do give a little resistance to the stick moving all around, but not enough to keep it still. I played on a desk for the entirety of my time with this stick so far, I doubt this will be a problem if you plan on keeping it in your lap. Aside from that, the stick seems to be really well made. The stick is on the lighter side which might be why it moves around with little force, but that shouldn't be a big deal.
- PC Compatibility: I tested this stick on the following games on PC:
-- Fatal Fury Special (Twitch)
-- Metal Slug 2 (Twitch)
-- Pulstar (Twitch)
-- Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony (Steam)
All of these games were very comfortable and worked perfectly with no issues.
- Compatibility with Nintendo Switch games: I obviously can't test every game on the Switch & PC with this, but here are some games people might be wondering about:
-- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: The stick is detected as the D-Pad... So you can only taunt with the stick. There's no way to move you're character from what I could tell.
-- The ACA Neogeo Titles: I don't own every single one of these titles, but I have a feeling that all of them work with this stick. The 2 ACA Neogeo titles I tested with this work perfectly.
-- Sky Force Reloaded: Works like a charm and feels great.
I have a feeling that this game will work with any game on the Switch as long as it meets the following requirements:
- Does not need Rumble
- Does not need Bluetooth technology
- The D-Pad moves your character (and the left control stick doesn't do anything different)
- The right control stick does not do anything (For example: move the camera)
- You can play the entirety of said game with only the D-Pad, A,B,Y,X,L,R,ZL,ZR,+, and - Buttons.
There still might be some software and games that won't support this stick period, but I think as long as the game you want to play meets the requirements above, you should be in the clear.
- So overall if your a new fighting game fan, or just wanna play some SHMUPS, Bullet Hells, or classic arcade games, and you like Street Fighter (2), This stick is an excellent first for you! If you have experience with fighting sticks, I'd recommend putting some money into a nicer stick rather than downgrading.
I'm not all that familiar with writing reviews, I only made this because I couldn't find any reviews online, but I hope all of this information helps!
- 平台: Windows, Nintendo Switch
- 格式: 电子游戏
- 商品数量： 1