使用手机摄像头 - 扫描以下代码并下载 Kindle 阅读软件。
Unreal Engine 4 Virtual Reality Projects: Build immersive, real-world VR applications using UE4, C++, and Unreal Blueprints (English Edition) 1第一 版本, Kindle电子书
Learn to design and build Virtual Reality experiences, applications, and games in Unreal Engine 4 through a series of practical, hands-on projects that teach you to create controllable avatars, user interfaces, and more.
- Learn about effective VR design and develop virtual reality games and applications for every VR platform
- Build essential features for VR such as player locomotion and interaction, 3D user interfaces, and 360 media players
- Learn about multiplayer networking and how to extend the engine using plugins and asset packs
Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) is a powerful tool for developing VR games and applications. With its visual scripting language, Blueprint, and built-in support for all major VR headsets, it's a perfect tool for designers, artists, and engineers to realize their visions in VR.
This book will guide you step-by-step through a series of projects that teach essential concepts and techniques for VR development in UE4. You will begin by learning how to think about (and design for) VR and then proceed to set up a development environment. A series of practical projects follows, taking you through essential VR concepts. Through these exercises, you'll learn how to set up UE4 projects that run effectively in VR, how to build player locomotion schemes, and how to use hand controllers to interact with the world. You'll then move on to create user interfaces in 3D space, use the editor's VR mode to build environments directly in VR, and profile/optimize worlds you've built. Finally, you'll explore more advanced topics, such as displaying stereo media in VR, networking in Unreal, and using plugins to extend the engine.
Throughout, this book focuses on creating a deeper understanding of why the relevant tools and techniques work as they do, so you can use the techniques and concepts learned here as a springboard for further learning and exploration in VR.
What you will learn
- Understand design principles and concepts for building VR applications
- Set up your development environment with Unreal Blueprints and C++
- Create a player character with several locomotion schemes
- Evaluate and solve performance problems in VR to maintain high frame rates
- Display mono and stereo videos in VR
- Extend Unreal Engine's capabilities using various plugins
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone interested in learning to develop Virtual Reality games and applications using UE4. Developers new to UE4 will benefit from hands-on projects that guide readers through clearly-explained steps, while both new and experienced developers will learn crucial principles and techniques for VR development in UE4.
Table of Contents
- Thinking in VR
- Setting up your Development Environment
- Hello World: Your First VR Project
- Getting Around the Virtual World
- Interacting with the Virtual World - Part I
- Interacting with the Virtual World - Part II
- Creating User Interfaces in VR
- Building the World and Optimizing for VR
- Displaying Media in VR
- Creating a Multiplayer Experience in VR
- Taking VR Further: Extending Unreal Engine
- Where to Go from Here
- A: Useful Mind Hacks
- B: Research and Further Reading
- ASIN : B07RD3MZYN
- 出版社 : Packt Publishing; 第 1st 版 (2019年4月30日)
- 出版日期 : 2019年4月30日
- 语言 : 英语
- 文件大小 : 96450 KB
- 标准语音朗读 : 已启用
- X-Ray : 未启用
- 生词提示功能 : 未启用
- 纸书页数 : 634页
- > ISBN : 1789132878
|5 星 (0%)||0%|
|4 星 (0%)||0%|
|3 星 (0%)||0%|
|2 星 (0%)||0%|
|1 星 (0%)||0%|
Contained in the text a 11 chapters, each building upon each other for how to work with VR in the context of Unreal Engine. We learn about thinking in VR and the established concepts, setting up the dev environment, using a basic VR template and exporting for mobile VR. Navigation and moving around. Interacting with your hands. User interface considerations and solutions. Building in VR. Playing media, including 360 and stereo 3D video. Multiplayer, and more. I’d consider this quite a complete survey and I’m happy the authors stuck to VR only and did not dilute the text with general information.
So overall, I’d consider this book a big success. If you’re looking to get into VR with Unreal Engine, this is the ticket. It is well explained, not confusing at all, and does cover the most essential aspects of creating for virtual reality. Mack and Ruud also spend a good amount of time explaining certain considerations you need to do with respect to VR, such as special locomotion methods to avoid sickness, as well as the performance limits of mobile VR hardware. This is an almost flawless execution and should not be missed.
But these minor points aside an invaluable learning resource which helped me immensely.
I cannot recommend this book highly enough.
The verdict: Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.