Named a 2013 Doody’s Core Title!
Designed as both a text for the DNP curriculum and a practical resource for seasoned health professionals, this acclaimed book demonstrates the importance of an interprofessional approach to translating evidence into nursing and health care practice in both clinical and nonclinical environments. The third edition reflects the continuing evolution of translation frameworks by expanding the Methods and Process section and providing updated exemplars illustrating actual translation work in population health, specialty practice, and the health care delivery system. It incorporates important new information about legal and ethical issues, the institutional review process for quality improvement and research, and teamwork and building teams for translation. Additionally, an unfolding case study on translation is threaded throughout the text.
Reorganized for greater ease of use, the third edition continues to deliver applicable theory and practical strategies to lead translation efforts and meet DNP core competency requirements. It features a variety of relevant change management theories and presents strategies for improving health care outcomes and quality and safety. It also addresses the use of evidence to improve nursing education, discusses how to reduce the divide between researchers and policy makers, and describes the interprofessional collaborative imperative for our complex health care environment. Consistently woven throughout are themes of integration and application of knowledge into practice, leadership and evaluating change, leadership strategies for translation, and interprofessional applications across settings.
New to the Third Edition:
- Expands the Methods and Process section
- Provides updated exemplars illustrating translation work in population health, specialty practice, and the health care delivery system
- Reorganized into a more user-friendly format
- Includes an entire new section, “Enablers of Translation”
- Delivers expanded information on Legal and Ethical Issues
- Present new chapters, “Teamwork and Building Teams for Translation” and “The Institutional Review Process for Quality Improvement and Research”
- Weaves an unfolding case study on translation throughout the text
- Authored by esteemed experts and educators in practical translation of evidence
- Delivers applicable theories and strategies that meet DNP core requirements
- Presents a variety of relevant change management theories
- Offers strategies for improving outcomes and quality and safety
- Addresses the use of evidence to improve nursing education
- Discusses how to reduce the divide between researchers and policy makers
- Underscores the importance of translating evidence into practice to improve health care and its delivery
- Supplies extensive lists of references, web links, and other resources to enhance learning