Winner of the 2019 Richard M. Kalish Innovative Publication Book Award 2019 – Gerontological Society of America
This new edition provides easily accessible and usable guidelines for practitioners in the design community for older adults. It includes an updated overview of the demographic characteristics of older adult populations and the scientific knowledge base of the aging process relevant to design. New chapters include Existing and Emerging Technologies, Work and Volunteering, Social Engagement, and Leisure Activities. Also included is basic information on user-centered design and specific recommendations for conducting research with older adults.
- Focuses on design for diverse groups of older adults
- Introduces the latest scientific advances, but is easily accessible to practitioners and students
- Offers an emphasis on existing and emerging technologies within everyday contexts and activities
- Includes many examples of everyday activities and contexts, as well as new chapters
- Presents a new conceptual model linking design principles across a broad range of topics