We took the NTK Omaha GT 5 on its maiden voyage over the last two weeks. Perfection all around. Early summer in South West and Eastern Oregon brought us a smorgasbord of weather from heavy rain, hail, wet snow and sunny days well into the eighties. No problem for the Omaha we kept it nice and dry. Opening the roof vents and front and back doors allowed for a nice cross breeze and allowed the tent to cool off quickly on the warmer days. We also stayed at the Malheur NWR where the mosquitoes were out in force. The mesh screening was effective in keeping them where they belonged – outside the tent.
The construction of the tent did not disappoint. The floor of the tent is made of a thick heavy gauge water proof material which did not leak and withstood the occasional rock, twig, pine cone etc. That said I used a heavy duty tarp (12x9) under the tent. The tarp was the perfect size in that it covered the floor of the tent and left three feet for the vestibule.
The vestibule is a very nice feature of this tent. The flap you can prop up, with included tent poles, and create a rain or sun cover. You can also just roll it up to provide a larger opening to get in and out of the tent. In the evenings we zipped it shut to keep our shoes and supplies that we had stored in the vestibule dry and keep the wind from blowing into the tent.
The 9x9 floor was very spacious for a single queen air mattress and extra open space on all four sides for storage. Even though the Omaha is billed as a five person tent I’d say it is very comfortable for two adults but adding additional people will make for cramped quarters.
The upper half of the left and right sides of the inner tent is constructed out of mesh fabric. The front and back entries have both a zippered mesh and solid fabric door. Each of the corners of the tent has a generous mesh storage pocket. The mesh pocket lies partly on the floor. I would have preferred the pockets to be installed a little higher so they wouldn’t touch the floor but that is my personal preference. There is a hook for a little dome light in the middle of the tent ceiling. It is reinforced with a strap that slips over one of the tent poles so there is no concern that the tent fabric would rip in the middle of the night… There is a zippered access hole in the front and back of the tent to feed a power cord through if so desired.
It took me on average 15 minutes to set up the tent and 20 minutes to take it down and fold it just so that it would fit back in the storage and carrying bag.
I’m still coming to grips with the fabric color selection of the Omaha. The majority of the tent consists of a blue green material, the trim is an in your face life preserver electric orange and most of the larger sun exposed panels are treated with an aluminum like coating. My guess is that this is provided for thermal isolation and additional water proofing. In any case, with this color scheme you are not going to lose your tent in the woods or campground.
Inside the tent there is a large warning and disclaimer panel that states:
- Never expose your tent to sunshine for more that 15 days in a row, this will change the fabric structure and color. When possible setup the tent under a shade and use a sealer spray compatible with Scotchguard (R).
- Minor water infiltration through the sewing line can happen, apply a seam sealer on the swing [SIC] lines outside and inside the tent to avoid water leakage. When assembling the tent try not to stretch it too much.
- Water condensation may happen inside your tent, this is a phenomenon caused by water vapor from breathing of the body and/or wet items inside the tent. Avoid this by keeping your tent ventilated and free of wet items inside. It is not leakage.
- When possible setup your tent under some kind of canopy, tarp or shelter to have extra protection from sun, rain and have more comfortable sleep during the night.
- Do not smoke, cook, start a fire or use heat generating light bulbs inside your tent. Even though the tent has fire retardant treatment it is still flammable and can cause accidents.
- And some more, see photo.
We’ll have to see how the Omaha is going to hold up after additional camping trips but so far so good!
NTK Omaha GT 5 人 9 x 9 英尺户外圆顶家庭露营帐篷 * 防水 2500 毫米，易组装，耐磨面料雨，微蚊网，透气性强。
- 专为快速轻松组装而设计 - Omaha 5 人帐篷适合所有家庭。 易于组装，宽敞的 2 门帐篷重量为 19.62 磅，舒适的地板尺寸为 9ft x 9ft ，中心高度为 5.4m，带来*大的舒适度。
- 双层全覆盖雨衣 - * 防水 190T 涤纶层压聚氨酯。 2500mm 的水柱有良好的设计和通风，内层提供透气性，保持干爽，热接缝热塑性涂层可提供 UV 保护。 内帐篷有 2 个大双向拉链 D 型门，配有*网眼保护。 宽大的实用口袋可存放和通风网状屋顶。 先进的前部区域用于装备和其他物品。
- THICK NANO-FLEX 技术框架 - 超厚 Nano-flex 玻璃纤维杆与双金色镀铬套圈和坚固的弹性连接，提供坚固的结构。 由 * 原始材料制成，提供额外的强度和灵活性。 高性能的 NTK 户外露营帐篷还有一个针和环系统，方便快速轻松地安装。
- 透气的微生物网布 - 超薄防臭聚酯微网面料可让您*抵御*小的昆虫和蚊虫 - 让清新空气，同时防止昆虫！ 独立设计易于安装和拆卸。 专为巴西亚马逊打造，这款 Philly 3 季圆顶家庭帐篷将让您保持舒适感，免受热、防雨和风雨。
- 高强度防潮防臭材料 - 无缝，防*聚乙烯，内层为银色涂层，防止泄漏，保持干爽保护。 地板具有独特的浴缸风格构造屏障，旨在确保您不会在水泥中唤醒！ CPAI-84 阻燃式雨水配有拉链式收纳袋和身份标签，令您的帐篷更具个性。
|5 星 (0%)||0%|
|4 星 (0%)||0%|
|3 星 (0%)||0%|
|2 星 (0%)||0%|
|1 星 (0%)||0%|
美国亚马逊： 3 条评论
Great quality for the price2019年9月30日 - 已在美国亚马逊上发表
Easy set up/ take down, held up well in 20-30 mph winds for 15+ hours with light rain. Enough room for full air bed, 2 adults, supplies,bags, etc. Great tent for the price.