This book distils key research and evidence about what effective teaching means in practice. Covering all aspects of teaching, it encourages the reader to reflect on their pupils, their planning, teaching and assessing and their continual professional development.
Inside Teaching has an emphasis throughout on encouraging dialogue with pupils about what they're doing, why they’re doing it, and how they can evaluate and develop what they do. Including questions for reflection and summaries of key ideas, the book provides practical support to help teachers ensure that they make a real difference to their pupils’ chances of success. Chapters include:
- Pupils with different backgrounds and levels of support
- Working with your pupils’ parents and carers
- Planning to frame your pupils’ thinking
- Developing effective feedback for your pupils
- Making meetings useful
- Observing lessons and being observed.
This practical book will be an essential resource for both trainee and practising teachers who want to help their pupils to fulfil their physical, emotional and intellectual potential.