Make the most of PowerShell's features to manage all aspects of your Exchange Server 2016 environment.
About This Book
- Learn to integrate PowerShell with Exchange Server 2016
- Write scripts and functions to run tasks automatically, and generate complex reports with PowerShell
- Use these effective recipes to learn all popular and important PowersShell scripts to manage tasks and avoid errors
Who This Book Is For
This book is for messaging professionals who want to build real-world scripts with Windows PowerShell and the Exchange Management Shell. You'll also find it indispensable if you're a network or systems administrator responsible for managing and maintaining Exchange Server 2016.
What You Will Learn
- Master the new features and capabilities of PowerShell and Exchange Server 2016
- Get to grips with the core PowerShell concepts
- Use simple PowerShell scripts and commands to get powerful results
- Generate detailed reports, send the output of commands by email , and schedule scripts to run automatically
- Import, export, and move mailboxes, and delete messages from mailboxes using the command line
- Configure transport server settings such as mail relay, tracking logs, transport rules, delivery reports, and more
- Manage mailbox and public folders
- Monitor the health of an Exchange environment through built-in cmdlets and other methods
- Integrate Exchange with Office Online Server, Skype for Business Server, and Exchange Online (Office 365)
We start with a set of recipes on core PowerShell concepts. This will provide you with a foundation for the examples in the book. Next, you'll see how to implement some of the common exchange management shell tasks, so you can effectively write scripts with this latest release. You will then learn to manage Exchange recipients, automate recipient-related tasks in your environment, manage mailboxes, and understand distribution group management within the Exchange Management Shell.
Moving on, we'll work through several scenarios where PowerShell scripting can be used to increase your efficiency when managing databases, which are the most critical resources in your Exchange environment. Towards the end, you'll discover how to achieve Exchange High Availability and how to secure your environment, monitor the health of Exchange, and integrate Exchange with Office Online Server, Skype for Business Server, and Exchange Online (Office 365).
By the end of the book, you will be able to perform administrative tasks efficiently.
Style and approach
This practical guide is packed with handy recipes to help you perform common administration tasks, as well as complex tasks in Exchange Server, without any hassle.