Discover how to simplify your data center architecture, reduces costs, and improve speed and agility with Cisco UCS at your side
About This Book
- Learn how to reduce equipment and operating costs, consolidate resources, and automate data center processes
- Eliminate manual, time-consuming tasks that were traditionally required to connect servers in data centers
- A practical hands-on guide that will help you to deploy servers and application stacks with ease
Who This Book Is For
This book is for system, network, and storage administrators who are responsible for Cisco UCS deployments. You need to have basic knowledge of server architecture, network, and storage technologies.
What You Will Learn
- Set up your Lab using Cisco UCS Emulator
- Configure Cisco UCS, LAN, and SAN connectivity
- Create and manage Service profiles
- Perform various tasks using UCS
- Backup and restore Cisco UCS configuration
- Test various Cisco UCS scenarios
- Manage and automate multiple domains
Cisco Unified Computer System (UCS) is a powerful solution for modern data centers and is responsible for increasing efficiency and reducing costs.
This hands-on guide will take you through deployment in Cisco UCS. Using real-world examples of configuring and deploying Cisco UCS components, we'll prepare you for the practical deployments of Cisco UCS data center solutions. If you want to develop and enhance your hands-on skills with Cisco UCS solutions, this book is certainly for you.
We start by showing you the Cisco UCS equipment options then introduce Cisco UCS Emulator so you can learn and practice deploying Cisco UCS components. We'll also introduce you to all the areas of UCS solutions through practical configuration examples.
Moving on, you'll explore the Cisco UCS Manager, which is the centralized management interface for Cisco UCS. Once you get to know UCS Manager, you'll dive deeper into configuring LAN, SAN, identity pools, resource pools, and service profiles for the servers. You'll also get hands-on with administration topics including backup, restore, user's roles, and high availability cluster configuration. Finally, you will learn about virtualized networking, third-party integration tools, and testing failure scenarios.
By the end of this book, you'll know everything you need to know to rapidly grow Cisco UCS deployments in the real world.
Style and approach
This hands-on book takes a tutorial-based approach to help you understand the practical methodologies and deployment of Cisco UCS components.