- Develop modern web applications from scratch
- Integrate server-side and client-side code with modern tools
- Be prepared for the real world with unit tests and cloud deployment
ASP.NET Core is the latest collection of Microsoft’s web application development technologies. When you’re trying to reach a broad spectrum of users with a robust web application, ASP.NET Core is there to help you build that application. With the ability to cater to users on desktop, tablet, or smartphone platforms, you can put together a solution that works well anywhere.
This book is what you need to get started developing ASP.NET Core applications was quickly as possible; starting by introducing the software and how it can be used in today’s modern world of web applications and smartphone apps. Walking you through the benefits of a Web API to support both applications and mobile apps to give you a solid understanding of the tech to build upon as you see what ASP.NET Core can do for you.
The book wraps up with practical guidelines for the use of database technologies, unit tests, security best practices, and cloud deployments for the real world.
What you will learn
- Develop ASP.NET web applications from scratch
- Use MVC to build all parts of a web application
- Use Web API to support browsers and mobile apps
- Simplify development with client-side tools
- Use Entity Framework to integrate with your database
- Implement Dependency Injection to build testable software
- Build web solutions with performance and security in mind
- Deploy to the cloud and scale with ease
About the Author
Shahed Chowdhuri has over 18 years of experience in the field of professional software development, and is currently a Senior Technical Evangelist at Microsoft Corporation. He began his career with what is now known as Classic ASP, and worked with ASP.NET as it continued to evolve over the years. He is a public speaker in the DC metro area and along the East Coast of the United States. He serves as a mentor for startups and indie developers at 1776 DC, and also manages multiple developer groups on Facebook and Meetup. You can find him blogging at WakeUpAndCode.com or on Twitter via @shahedC.