I have purchased six pieces of furniture directly from Sawdust City this year, and the quality has gone steadily downhill. I ordered from their website since I wanted colors and items that were not available through Amazon. Here’s what I’ve learned.
1. Friendly sales staff.
2. Diverse, practical designs.
3. Real wood (pine).
4. Robust design and construction.
5. Fast service, even with custom finishes.
6. Outstanding packaging.
7. Fair prices.
1. No quality control.
2. Absolutely no customer service after the sale; none of my emails concerning order problems were ever answered.
3. Several furniture pieces were gouged or had corners damaged BEFORE they were packaged for shipment. I say this because the shipping containers were undamaged.
4. The two most expensive pieces (Hall Tables with doors) were packaged and shipped before their paint was completely dry, so the bubble wrap around the pieces stuck to the paint in various places. When we removed the bubble wrap, it pulled off patches of paint. Furthermore, the door knobs were put on the inside of the doors for shipment before the paint was completely dry, so the knobs were “glued” quite firmly to the inside of the doors. I could not pry the knobs off by hand once I removed their screws, and I didn’t know how to remove the wooden knobs without damaging them and the inside of the doors. The tops of these units were stained and the rest was painted. A 9-1/2 inch long diagonal drip of paint across the center of the varnished top goes from the back of the unit nearly to the front. Very conspicuous. Very very irritating.
5. Three pieces were painted but featured stained and varnished tops. This is a very handsome option, at least in theory. In reality, the varnished tops exhibited a very poor finish, which is especially disturbing when backlit by morning light. My wife photographed the top of a Hall Table to show that roughly half of the surface finish is densely encrusted with particles that stand proud from the top and shine as bright as LEDs when backlit. The varnished finish on my end table is densely packed with gobs of imperfections that stand proud or pockmark the surface, and shine as bright and white as little LED lights when the top is backlit or sidelit.
6. I you do purchase furniture from Sawdust City, I recommend getting the furniture unfinished so you can do that work yourself, bearing in mind that a third of the pieces I received were damaged before they left the factory.
If Sawdust City would devote a wee bit more care to finishing their products (and not dripping paint on varnished surfaces), then the extra three or four minutes would increase product quality by more than 100%. As it is, I am so frustrated and weary of all these problems and the lack of any help or response from Sawdust City, that I cannot recommend their products.
Sawdust City 木制大厅桌 – 图示为实心 Williamsburg 蓝色
- 结实的 Knotty Pine 家具、装饰品以及国内*佳标识
- 尺寸 - 91.44 厘米宽 x 32.39 厘米高 x 29.85 厘米深
|5 星 (0%)||0%|
|4 星 (0%)||0%|
|3 星 (0%)||0%|
|2 星 (0%)||0%|
|1 星 (0%)||0%|