使用手机摄像头 - 扫描以下代码并下载 Kindle 阅读软件。
Unity 5.x By Example (English Edition) 1第一 版本, Kindle电子书
- The most updated resource on Unity 5.x with comprehensive discussion on all the new features of Unity 5.x
- Understand the core concepts surrounding Unity5 game development with this power-packed hands-on guide
- Brush up your existing game development skills and create games that have a brilliant gameplay using the excellent examples from this book
Unity is an exciting and popular engine in the game industry. Throughout this book, you'll learn how to use Unity by making four fun game projects, from shooters and platformers to exploration and adventure games.
Unity 5 By Example is an easy-to-follow guide for quickly learning how to use Unity in practical context, step by step, by making real-world game projects. Even if you have no previous experience of Unity, this book will help you understand the toolset in depth. You'll learn how to create a time-critical collection game, a twin-stick space shooter, a platformer, and an action-fest game with intelligent enemies. In clear and accessible prose, this book will present you with step-by-step tutorials for making four interesting games in Unity 5 and explain all the fundamental concepts along the way. Starting from the ground up and moving toward an intermediate level, this book will help you establish a strong foundation in making games with Unity 5.
What you will learn
- Understand core Unity concepts, such as game objects, components, and scenes
- Learn level design techniques for building immersive and interesting worlds
- Learn to make functional games with C# scripting
- Use the toolset creatively to build games of different themes and styles
- Learn to handle player controls and input functionality
- Dive into the process of working with terrains and world-creation tools
- Import custom content into Unity from third-party tools, such as Maya and Blender
- Get to grips with making both 2D and 3D games
About the Author
Alan Thorn is an award-winning author, mathematician, and independent video game developer based in London, UK. He is the founder of the game development studio, Wax Lyrical Games, and the creator of the critically acclaimed PC adventure game, Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok. Alan works freelance for some of the world's largest entertainment corporations. He has lectured on game development at some of the most prestigious institutions in Europe and written nine books on games programming, including the highly popular Teach Yourself Games Programming, Game Engine Design and Implementation, and UDK Game Development. Some of Alan's other interests include computing, mathematics, graphics, and philosophy. More information about his company, Wax Lyrical Games, can be found at http://www.waxlyricalgames.com/.
Table of Contents
- The Coin Collection Game – Part 1
- Project A – the Collection Game Continued
- Project B – the Space Shooter
- Continuing the Space Shooter
- Project C – a 2D Adventure
- Continuing the 2D Adventure
- Project D – Intelligent Enemies
- Continuing with Intelligent Enemies
- ASIN : B01CID6IGG
- 出版社 : Packt Publishing; 第 1st 版 (2016年3月23日)
- 出版日期 : 2016年3月23日
- 语言 : 英语
- 文件大小 : 19419 KB
- 标准语音朗读 : 已启用
- X-Ray : 未启用
- 生词提示功能 : 未启用
- 纸书页数 : 569页
|5 星 (0%)||0%|
|4 星 (0%)||0%|
|3 星 (0%)||0%|
|2 星 (0%)||0%|
|1 星 (0%)||0%|
Do not buy if you're looking to learn the Unity engine. I would only recommend this to people who already have a minor grasp on the program and just want to walk along with someone else to do a few test "games" for the sake of exercise.
The book is clear and well written, based on the first chapters. Unfortunately, later chapters require companion files to follow them, and one month after the book's release, they still aren't available on the book's website.
I'll change my review when this problem is corrected, but in the meantime, you should delay your purchase.