Ovente PA515R Vintage Stainless Steel Pasta Maker, 150mm, Metallic Red
- Create authentic yet delicious yet easy to make pasta at your own home; made from high quality and food grade carbon and stainless steel construction
- Comes in three beautiful colors: stainless steel, matte black and metallic red; Two-size options: 150mm and 180mm; check out different Ovente pasta maker accessories that makes the pasta making process much easier
- Flatten out the dough first by easily adjusting the 7-position dial which determines the thickness of the pasta dough
- Easily make delicious and flavorful spaghetti and/or fettucine by using the double pasta attachment that came with it
- Comes with a stainless steel hand crank with plastic handle to let the pasta roll and turn it into different types of pasta; also comes with an adjustable clamp to secure the pasta maker on your countertop
Make your own fresh spaghetti, fettuccine, lasagna and ravioli with this stainless steel Pasta Maker! Pasta lovers prefer fresh pasta over. However, they are rarely available and usually quite costly. Not only making your own pasta taste better, but you can also select the ingredients for your food, such as ground sea salt, extra virgin olive oil etc. The double cutter attachment fits easily into the attachment hub of Ovente PA515 pasta maker models.
|5 星 (0%)||0%|
|4 星 (0%)||0%|
|3 星 (0%)||0%|
|2 星 (0%)||0%|
|1 星 (0%)||0%|
When rolling a few batches of dough thru both sides to "clean debris" as suggested, I noticed a few pieces of metal in the dough. Not cool. I decided to wait to make pasta when I had time to really check each piece to see if this would be a recurring problem.
A week later, I try again. Everything was lookin good until halfway thru cutting batches of linguine, I began to notice the tiniest glimmers of metal here and there in the dough. Hardly any, but even a fleck of metal is too much.
Now even if I didn't miiiind consuming metal with my pasta, the spaghetti cutter function did not work, leaving the machine only 1 possible pasta cut.
I gave it 2 stars because the machine DID cut nice linguine, and was easy to use. Also, Amazon makes returns very easy.
Over a period of 20 minutes, I used the machine intermittently to clean the rollers with the trial dough and then began rolling out the pasta dough. It then made a loud clunk and the rollers slowed down. I thought it might be too hot, so I shut it off and let it rest 30 minutes. Turned it back on again and it made another clunk. At that point, the motor ran, but the rollers wouldn't turn.
I'm returning it and will not be getting another. While the machine seems solid, I think it's ridiculous it broke after 20 minutes.
Of note, if you are considering purchasing this, and are new to pasta making, there are some important caveats you should know. 1) directions say you cannot use salt in the dough or it will break the machine. 2) directions say you also cannot run the machine longer than 15 minutes. If I had known either piece of information, I would have purchased a different machine.