These sticks worked great but were expensive at about $2 per stick. If you have a need for both clear and black sticks and/or need a metal scraper, it might make more sense to buy a kit like this (RaceWax Ptex Ski Base Repair Ki) than to buy individual pieces. I found that once I repaired one board, that I ended up being the one to help out all my ski/board friends with their base gouge problems.
To use this kit, I
1) Clean the gouge on the board (scrub off dirt, use a xacto to cut off fraying base bits from the gouge)
1) have a couple chairs to hold my board or ski flat near my kitchen stove.
2) also grab a block of wood or something that you dont mind getting marred by the ptex when you put out the flame and need to place this on something (not paper)
3) To ignite, I use the flame from my stovetop and hold it over the block of wood once ignited to catch the initial carbon drips
4) Then with ptex and wood, i get close to the cleaned up gouge and drip a small layer onto the hole.
5) I blow out the ptex and place back on wood
6) Wait about 5 minutes for it to cool
7) Take a metal scraper to the board and scrap off any bits that have over flowed on top.
8) Repeat Steps 3-7 until the hole is completely filled. *You will want to use many layers as this is more sturdy of a repair and has less chance to clump and fall off the board in one piece than if you were to completely fill in the gouge with ptex in one go.*
9) Sand down with fine sandpaper.
|包装尺寸||22.61 x 6.86 x 0.51 cm|