About This Book
- Learn how to effectively use Maven to create, test, and release Android applications
- Customize Maven using a variety of suggested plugins for the most popular Android tools
- Discover new ways of accelerating the implementation, testing, and maintenance using this step-by-step simple tutorial approach
Who This Book Is For
Android Application Development with Maven is intended for Android developers or devops engineers who want to use Maven to effectively develop quality Android applications. It would be helpful, but not necessary, if you have some previous experience with Maven.
What You Will Learn
- Integrate Maven with your favorite Android IDE
- Install and configure Maven with your local development environment
- Create the proper Maven structure for both standalone Android applications or applications that are part of a bigger project
- Run unit tests using popular frameworks such as Robolectric and collect coverage information using Maven plugins
- Configure a variety of different tools such as Robotium, Spoon, and Selendroid to run integration tests
- Handle dependencies and different versions of the same application
- Manage and automate the release process of your application inside/outside Google Play
- Discover new tools such as Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA/Android Studio, and NetBeans, which perfectly integrate with Maven and boost your productivity
Android is an open source operating system used for smartphones and tablet computers. The Android market is one of the biggest and fastest growing platforms for application developers, with over a million apps uploaded every day.
Right from the beginning, this book will cover how to set up your Maven development environment and integrate it with your favorite IDE. By sequentially working through the steps in each chapter, you will quickly master the plugins you need for every phase of the Android development process. You will learn how to use Maven to manage and build your project and dependencies, automate your Android application testing plans, and develop and maintain several versions of your application in parallel. Most significantly, you will learn how to integrate your project into a complete factory.