Walkers Shortbread Rich Fruit Pudding, 8 Ounce, 6 Count
- Pack of six 8-ounce boxes (total of 48 ounces)
- Walkers is proud to present our personal recipe for this rich and flavorful classic made with the finest ingredients you would expect - raisins, sultanas, candied peel, mixed spice and syrup.
- This rich fruit pudding is a classic addition to any celebration and pour on a little whisky or brandy and set aflame for an extravagant serving flourish that won't be soon forgotten.
- While it does not technically need to be heated, we very strongly recommend you do for maximum enjoyment; delicious enjoyed with either custard, rum sauce, brandy buttter or double cream.
- Made in the Highlands of Scotland in the small village of Aberlour to the Walkers family recipe.
Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without steaming rich fruit pudding. Walkers is proud to present our personal recipe for this holiday classic. Made with the finest ingredients you'd expect-raisins, sultanas, candied peel, mixed spice and syrup-this rich fruit pudding is a savory addition to any celebration. Pour on a little whisky or brandy and set aflame for an extravant serving flourish that won't be soon forgotten.
|5 星 (0%)||0%|
|4 星 (0%)||0%|
|3 星 (0%)||0%|
|2 星 (0%)||0%|
|1 星 (0%)||0%|
As we live in a rural area a trip to an Internationally stocked grocery store is like a trip to the moon, plus the surprise element would be gone as he would insist on accompanying me. Amazon gets rid of all the fuss and bother, PLUS is was Prime so it arrived in 2 days at our doorstep. This means I can maintain the surprise element as he is not allowed to open any Amazon boxes from Oct through Christmas.
Growing up in Britain these shortbread mincemeat tarts were a delightful staple at holiday time. They really are delicious! Since I was able to order 3 boxes in a single shipment he is set for his birthday and Christmas. He may even enjoy Thanksgiving more this year when he has his favorite holiday tart!
Happy Birthday, Christmas and even Thanksgiving!
UPDATED: 11/03/10: Warm them a bit and have with a cup of coffee or tea. The mincemeat is well balanced with the crust. They are wonderful!
It is little wonder that the humble mince-pie hasn't become more popular here in the US when items such as this and the awful brand "None-Such" are on the market. The cheap (1.50GBP for 12 full-size) UK Asda brand must have be made by Angels by comparison.. having to import some of those as a result. (Harris Teeter in NC normally stocks Robertsons Mincemeat during Christmas).
I'm not being overly-picky but if any Englishman such as I is seeking a real mince-pie and a Merry Christmas - look elsewhere.. (and then tell me where that bargain is).