Mediasonic ProBox HDL-SU3 3.5 英寸 SATA 硬盘盒 - USB 3.0 超速，针对 UASP 和 SATA 3 (K32-SU3) 进行了优化HDL-SU3
- Aluminum Body for great heat dissipation
- USB 3.0 SuperSpeed (Backwards compatible with USB 2.0 / 1.1) Maximum Transfer rate up to 5.0 Gbps via USB 3.0 and up to 480Mbps via USB 2.0
- Support all 3.5" SATA I / II / III hard drive up to 8TB, Optimized for UASP & SATA 3 6.0 Gbps hard drive transfer rate
- Support Mac USB 3, Plug and Play in PC / Mac Platform
- LED light status indicator, On / Off Power Switch. 18 Month Warranty from Mediasonic Store
Mediasonic ProBox HDL-SU3 USB 3.0 SuperSpeed External Hard Drive Enclosure can instantly convert your 3.5" SATA hard disk drive to an external drive and provides a portable plug-and-play solution for both PC and Mac. The transfer rate is up to 5 Gbps via USB 3.0 and 480 Mbps via USB 2.0 connection. The external drive provides the portable storage space for your music, photo, video, and data file. Supporting OS: Windows XP / VISTA / 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and Mac OSX.
|5 星 (0%)||0%|
|4 星 (0%)||0%|
|3 星 (0%)||0%|
|2 星 (0%)||0%|
|1 星 (0%)||0%|
First of all I'll say the HDL-SU3, at least aesthetically, is well designed. It looks exactly like the Amazon picture, it's slim, and it's easy to assemble. My only gripe about the design is that the power LED is on the same side as the power and USB plugins. This is pretty useless as most people will face the drive so the power and USB connectors are facing away from them. I guess this might be a good thing if you find the LED distracting.
Functionally, the HDL-SU3 is not living up to expectations. I purchased 2 of these and placed a 2TB drive in one and a 3TB in the other. The enclosure with the 2TB drive has worked fine so far and I have had no issues with performance or disconnection. However, the drive doesn't seem to power down when not in use. I am also having overheating issues with both aluminum boxes. CrystalDisk info shows both drives in the aluminum HDL-SU3 are at 55C which is very close to the 60C max operating temperature for most hard drives. The plastic K32-SU3 next to them is still operating at 36C, so I believe this is an issue with the HDL-SU3 and not the HDDs.
The HDL-SU3 with the 3TB drive does not stay connected to Windows and must be power cycled in order to reconnect it. This is not an intermittent issue; it WILL disconnect at some point if left on. This is a big issue for me, as these drives are being used for network storage and streaming media. Reading over the other reviews this seems to be a common issue with drives over 2TB. Due to these issues I can not recommend the HDL-SU3 at this time.
If you are looking to buy these enclosures, I HIGHLY recommend you go with the plastic K32-SU3. Unfortunately I will be returning the aluminum HDL-SU3 as they get too hot and I'm having disconnection issues. I'm unsure if the K32-SU3 has the same disconnection issues with 3TB drives, but will update my review after testing it.
1. Easy to install drive. Appearance of case is nice. Black aluminum covered plastic.
2. Connects well to USB 3.0 running on Win10. No problems initializing and formatting the new HDD using Win10 Disc management program.
3. Functions well on 4 hour complete PC system backup / verify running Acronis TrueImage. Temp of drive started at 39C. gradually rose to 44C.
4. HDD activity light nice and visible.
5. Very convenient size for backup drive; for storage in desk, cabinet when not in use.
6. Have seen no disconnection problems reported by other reviewers.
7. USB cord supplied is approx 2 feet and is adequate for my use.
1. Drive has now been on 16 hours with last hour running file optimization program and HDD temp is up to 45C. Would prefer if temp stayed in the 35C to 40C range. I may try drilling holes in case to improve heat dissipation. May be able to improve airflow placing unit in front or top of PC tower intake fans. For comparison, WD Black 2TB inside tower case is only running at 32C after extended use.
2. The AC converter power cord is about 4 feet and is too short for good placement of the case. Would prefer 5 or 6 feet like I have on older USB drives from Western Digital.
3. Case will stand vertically, but without stabilizing feet or a stand is easy to tip over.
Because of lack of heat dissipation and short power cord, I downrated to 4 stars.
UPDATE: My PS4 crashed and I needed to use a backup. My old backup drive was an HP USB 2.0 2TB drive. After taking 26 hours to restore my 1.5TB of data I decided to use my 6TB drive as my gaming drive (backups for system software, game saves, media like videos and screen shots). This drive with its USB 3.0 interface is much faster. It works somewhat well in that application, but it does automatically sleep itself so you have to either unplug then plug in the USB cord or use the power switch on the back and turn the drive off then back on for the PS4 to recognize it. That's an annoyance but not a deal breaker for me as I don't use the drive every time I use the PS4 and it's not hard to hit the switch when I need to backup.
I'm ordering another Mediasonic drive enclosure for a 4TB drive to use with my Macbook for backups.
UPDATE 2: I don't know why the drive initially turned itself off when using it with the PS4. I'm finding now that it doesn't turn itself off at all (it may sleep when not in use, but it wakes itself back up when I tell it to do something without cycling the power or unplugging/replugging.) I'm giving it a full 5 stars as a result. It works great for both my PS4 and my Macbook.