So I received this in the mail an hour ago, and I'm giving you guys my first impression of the keyboard, not after days or weeks or months of use.
- The keys are a little mushy and I feel like I'm not typing nearly as fast as I usually can because I have to use more effort to hit the keys. The traveling distance is about 3-4 millimeters, which may be slightly more than what you're used to as well.
- The keys and the Redragon logo have little LED lights underneath them, but they aren't very bright. I prefer to keep the lights off.
- This keyboard is extremely quiet. I wouldn't say it's silent, but it's definitely a lot quieter than most rubber dome keyboards. Depending on the kind of desk you have, putting a rubber mat (like a mouse pad) underneath the keyboard will make your typing a lot quieter than when the keyboard is directly on your desk.
- The keys are removable, but they aren't really easy to pry off. Use a flathead screwdriver and a gentle hand.
- The wrist rest is pretty comfortable, but I feel like I would be more comfortable typing if my hands were elevated a little more. I'm also a little worried about the matte finish rubbing away over time.
EDIT: The matte finish on the wrist rest hasn't worn off even after over a year of use. You probably don't have to worry.
- The keyboard is lightweight, but when placed on my desk it has a relatively sturdy feel to it and doesn't bend. It does move around very slightly.
- The kickstands underneath the keyboard raise it up about 3/4 of an inch. They have a plastic bottom instead of rubber, so it's possible that this may allow it to move a little bit.
EDIT: The kickstands are also somewhat flimsy, and one of mine has broken off... :'(
- The braided cord is about 6 feet long and feels extremely durable, which is great if you're rough on your cables, I guess. The USB is white and gold-plated, so it seems to be a 1.0. It works with my black 2.0, blue 3.0 and red 3.1 USB ports. If your keyboard doesn't work in any of your USB ports, then your keyboard is defective.
Someone wrote a review saying that when they received it, the 'Enter' key was sticking outside of the box. Now I'm not entirely sure what they mean by that, but when I received it all of the keys were perfectly intact.
A few tricks you should know before assuming your keyboard is defective:
• The 'lightbulb' key switches the color of the LED lights.
• FN+'lightbulb' activates breathing lights
• FN+- slows down breathing
• FN+= speeds up breathing
• FN+Pg-Up turns up the brightness of the LEDs
• FN+Pg-Down dims the LEDs
• FN+Win activates Win Lock
• FN+W swaps WASD and arrow keys
WHAT I RECOMMEND:
Use this keyboard with an extended gaming mouse pad underneath it. Not only will it minimize the sound, but it'll also eliminate the chances of it moving around. You can get one for about $10 if you don't already have one.
UPDATE 7/9/2016 :
It's been a few weeks since I purchased this, so I thought I'd update my review with a few of my observations.
- So far, the matte material is showing no signs of wear whatsoever. The surface is insanely easy to clean (I just use a slightly damp cloth). You can take off the keys if you're very careful, but it's not easy at all.
- It's a lot easier for me to type on it now than it was when I first got it. I'm up to my normal typing speed now, so the keys, however, a little soft, aren't holding me back... so don't let that scare you.
- The response time is absolutely impeccable, so if you're a fast typer or a gamer with a budget, you can count on this keyboard.
- At the moment, after a few weeks of use, this is definitely one of the BEST KEYBOARDS you can get for this price.
UPDATE 7/29/2017 :
It's been over a year since I bought this keyboard. The mechanics are showing no signs of wear, but some of the matte finish has begun to wear off on 3 different keys (A, S, & D.... can you tell I'm a gamer?).When the black paint wears away on the keys, there is just clear plastic underneath. However, the matte finish hasn't rubbed away on the surrounding plastic or on the wrist rest itself, even though I've been using this keyboard often and for over a year.
If you're worried about what I said about the mushy keys and longer travelling distance, don't be. It's definitely something that you get used to over time, but it shouldn't affect anything you do too drastically. As it can be when getting any new keyboard, there is a bit of a learning curve.
Changed my rating from 3 stars to 4 stars. Durable and high quality :)
I don't know why I keep updating this, but it's still working. This keyboard has seen some crap but it's not showing any signs of mechanical wear after over 2 years of daily use. How much was this again? So worth it. I'm so impressed that it's still working because I feel like you never know with buying electronics online...
It still works, and I'm still using it. Why are you still reading this review? It's literally been 3 years, just buy the darn thing!
|商品尺寸||45.2 x 20.15 x 1.85 cm; 300 克|