MaxiCrop has saved me hundreds of dollars. Once I saw how well it worked, I started buying pitiful-looking plants from the TLC tables at the garden centers for 10 cents on the dollar. I bring them home, put them in my shaded "plant hospital" corner, and pour MaxiCrop on them. Almost overnight, the plants bounce back. I tend them for a week or two, then give them away as gifts or plant them in my garden. It's amazing!
I also propagate tomato plants from cuttings, feeding them with MaxiCrop. Again, this saves me a fortune and turns out healthy, strong plants.
I read about MaxiCrop Seaweed Fertilizer from an organic farmer. Someone asked him what his "magic juice" was, and he said MaxiCrop, hands down. I ordered it on Amazon that very day.
These folks who complain about the size of the pouch don't have a leg to stand on. It's a concentrate. The description tells you the ounces and how much it will make. There are no surprises, here. Folks, 10.7 ounces will make 65 gallons!
This is a listing of advantages of using Seaweed Fertilizer. Not sure the source. Below this listing are the recommended rates for various types of plants and cuttings.
Advantages of Using ((Liquid) Seaweed Fertilizer
1) It promotes additional buds when applied as the plants are beginning to bud.
2) It extends the shelf life of fruits and vegetables if applied 10 days before harvesting
3) It lengthens the life of cut flowers if they are sprayed with Liquid Seaweed a day or two before cutting.
4) Treating seeds or seed pieces with Liquid Seaweed prior to planting
will improve seed germination, root growth, and early seedling vigor.
5) Liquid Seaweed also can be used as a rooting solution. Place cuttings in a solution of Liquid Seaweed and water until roots develop, then plant. When planting, water in with Liquid Seaweed solution.
6) Liquid Seaweed applied to pasture crops increases the nutrient uptake, the protein content, and overall quality of the crop.
7) Seaweed organic fertilizers can be used as a soil treatment to grow healthier, stronger, and more disease-resistant plants.
8) A wide range of beneficial effects have been reported from the use of liquid seaweed extracts including increased crop yields, resistance of plants to frost, increased uptake of inorganic constituents from the soil, more resistance to stress conditions and reductions in storage losses of fruit.
9) Promotes vigorous growth and helps deter pests and diseases on fruit, flowers, vegetables, lawns etc.
10) Seaweed has more than 70 minerals, vitamins, and enzymes.
11) Seaweed fertilizers are especially useful in organic gardening. They contain almost every micro-nutrient in a fully chelated (immediately available) form. They deliver a healthy dose of natural plant hormones. Seaweed is full of carbohydrates, which the plants use as a building block and which large populations of beneficial micro-organisms use as a food source.
12) Alginates, (sponge-like starches found in seaweed), hold water droplets near the plant roots, making moisture available to them without drowning them; they also help enrich the soil by feeding myriad beneficial microorganisms such as bacteria and tiny fungi necessary to composting.
13) Research at major universities has shown that seeds soaked in seaweed extract germinate more rapidly, have larger root mass, stronger plant growth and higher survival rate. Soaking plant roots in seaweed extract reduces transplant shock and speeds root growth.
14) Several university studies have shown that seaweed can produce dramatic results in plants: geraniums produced more flowers per plant; grapes were sweeter; gladiolus corms grew larger; and cucumber yields increased 40 percent and the fruits suffered less often from softening and rotting. Improved yields after seaweed treatments were measured in potatoes, sweet corn, peppers, tomatoes, apples, strawberries, okra, and oranges. Better frost tolerance, increased seed germination, and greater capacity to absorb trace elements were other documented benefits for plants.
15) Seaweed fertilizers have many benefits. They provide natural hormones and many nutrients not found in other forms of fertilizer. Since most plants absorb their nutrients through the leaves, applying this with a foliar method will benefit the plant even more. Foliar simply means placing the fertilizer on the leaf itself. As the plant absorbs the sunlight it needs, it will also be absorbing the nutrients found in the fertilizer.
16) Another major component in liquid seaweed fertilizers are the hormones. The main hormones in seaweed are auxins, gibbelerins, cytokinins and betaines. The roles of these hormones are essential to plant health. Most of these are only required in very small proportions. There are many different auxins and they all have their specific roles. Their main functions are the balanced control of speed of growth. They have both growth stimulating as well as delaying functions. They stimulate root-growth, prevent bud-forming or opening at the wrong times.
17) Seaweed can play an important role in the production of the plant's own auxins, because the enzymes formed with the help of trace elements from the liquid seaweed fertilizer play an important role in the formation of these auxins.
18) Cytokinins are another group of important plant hormones. They initiate and activate basic growth processes. The cytokinins available in liquid seaweed extract stimulate growth with greater vigour, because they mobilise nutrients in the leaves. They also provide protection from marginal frost (to -3 C). Cytokinins also retard the senescence (aging processes) in the plant.
19) Betaines play an essential role in the osmotic processes in plants. They help to increase the water uptake in plants and are extremely helpful in dry conditions. Betaines are particularly helpful to plants under stress.
20) Liquid seaweed fertilizers, (especially the alginates in the seaweed) act as soil conditioners. The alginates react with metals in the soil and form long and cross-linked polymers in the soil. These polymers improve the crumbing in the soil, and swell up when they get wet, and retain moisture for a long period.
Recommended Application Rates:
Soaking Seeds and Bulbs: Soak overnight in a solution of 1 tsp/gal of water. After planting, water with the same solution.
Seedlings: Water with a solution of 1 tsp/gal of water each week.
Cuttings and Bare Roots: Stand in solution overnight of 2 tsp/gal of water. Water with a solution of 1 tsp/gal of water.
Garden vegetables and flowers and houseplants: Water once a week with 1 tsp/gal of water.
Lawns: Spray to cover with 2 tsp/gal water for each 1000 square feet at least 5 times a season.
- 商品尺寸: 6.9 x 14 x 6.4 cm
- 商品重量: 318 g
- 发货重量: 318 g
- ASIN: B00AU8LJ2K
- 用户评分: 分享我的评价