- 商品尺寸: 14 x 14 x 19 cm
- 商品重量: 599 g
- 发货重量: 921 g
- ASIN: B00AQ4CNHS
- 用户评分: 分享我的评价
+ ￥232.04 运费及进口关税
Perky-Pet Mason Jar Wild Bird Waterer 783 蓝色 1 包
- 32 ounce water capacity
- Blue antique Mason Jar style bottle
- All metal base and feeding ports
- Circular perch invites birds to sit and dine
- Glass water container with embossed bird detail
The Perky-Pet Mason Jar Wild Bird Waterer offers fresh, clean water to attract a larger variety of birds while adding a rustic look to any bird lovers yard. The blue color of this bottle is reminiscent of vintage blue glass canning jars used in the 1800's. The waterer is a simple to fill and clean, just unscrew the bottle from the base, fill with water and screw the base back into place - it's that easy. If you want to attract more birds to your yard then the Perky-Pet Wild Bird Waterer is for you.
Perky-Pet Mason Jar Wild Bird Waterer
The Perky-Pet Glass Mason Jar Wild Bird Waterer offers fresh, clean water to attract more birds while adding a rustic, yet classic Mason jar look to any bird lovers yard. The blue color of this bottle is reminiscent of vintage blue glass canning jars used in the 1800's. Provide birds with fresh water and watch them flock to your yard. The waterer is a breeze to fill and clean, just unscrew the bottle from the base, fill with water, and screw the base back into place - it's that easy. If you want to attract more birds to your yard then the Perky-Pet Wild Bird Waterer is for you.
- 32 ounce capacity
- Attracting a larger variety of birds by adding a water source
- Blue antique glass bottle
- All metal and glass feeder
- Vintage look this feeder will add to your yard
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What is the importance of providing water for wild birds?
A. Wild birds need fresh, clean water just as much as they need seed. Birds stay healthy by using water not just for drinking, but also for bathing, cleaning their feathers and to remove parasites. Waterers are better options than bird baths because they provide birds with fresh, clean water that prevents dirt and debris from contaminating it. In hotter climates or seasons, providing water for birds makes it easy for them to have access to a water source and retain their energy. By adding a water source, you also can attract a larger variety of birds to your yard. You may even attract more colorful birds that don't eat seed, but are in need of water!
Q. What are the most popular bird seeds to use?
A. Black Oil Sunflower Seed is the most popular bird seed. It is much smaller than the traditional sunflower seed and best for those birds with smaller bills, such as the sparrow, junco and goldfinch. This seed is accepted by the greatest variety of birds.
Mixed Seed is also popular. It is best to buy the mixes that contain white proso millet, a tiny cream colored seed with a shiny shell. Mixes containing finely cracked corn and black oil sunflower are also preferred by a large number of birds.
Nyger (Thistle Seed) is imported from Africa and Asia. Niger won't germinate, however, it has a tendency to become moldy due to lack of air circulation. If you notice mold on the seed, it must be removed from the feeder and the feeder must be cleaned thoroughly.
Q. How do I clean my bird feeders?
A. Before filling your feeder with fresh seed, it is recommended that the following precautions are taken:
1. Remove all old seed.
2. Soak feeder in a light water/bleach solution (9 parts water to 1 part bleach).
3. Scrub feeder and allow to air dry.
4. Rake and remove accumulated hulls and droppings from underneath the feeders.
5. Spread mulch (bark or wood) under the feeder, replace mulch when soiled.
6. Thoroughly wash hands after handling and cleaning feeders.
尺寸: 1 包
|5 星 (0%)|
|4 星 (0%)|
|3 星 (0%)|
|2 星 (0%)|
|1 星 (0%)|
This waterer looks nice (although the blue tint is starting to peel). It is relatively difficult to fill and spills easily. It also collects a lot of dead bugs I just a few days. If this was to work, it would have to be treated like a hummingbird feeder and cleaned Frequently. It develops algae quickly even in the shade.
I'm sure this will work for some birds somewhere, but for me in NY it has not worked at all.
1) put clear glass pebbles (bought mine on Amazon - Dashington flat clear marbles/pebbles) in the water tray, up to the rim, so that bees and other insects can perch on them to drink without drowning. It doesn't seem to put off small birds that like this type of water source, probably because the wet glass pebbles look like water.
2) the blue coloring of the jar comes off. Slowly if you clean by hand; all at once if you put it in the dishwasher. I prefer it clear anyway.