SOL REPUBLIC Amps HD/Aluminum 1161-34 有线动圈入耳式耳机(银色)
- Amps HD拥有更完美的音质，更强大的i6驱动，配合时尚的造型，使您无法抗拒。
- These things noise isolate better than any head phones I've ever owned. (I've mowed and trimmed grass while listening to talk radio and heard everything just fine.)
- They sound and look great.
- They fit flush and comfortably to my ear canal and come with different sized ear pieces to fit all sizes.
- The cord feels strong and durable.
- The shape of these ear buds could cause problems if you have to shove them into your pockets, they usually get caught on something because they protrude more than regular headphones.
- The plug on these head phones are L shaped, this isn't a problem for me but could be for other people.
- They don't have volume control only pause and skip. I now found that it's because I bought the "one button" control not the "three button" control. Three button control costs $50 and is the exact same head phones just with two extra functions. The one button control has the buttons, they just click and do nothing. This seems money grubby as hell to me because they're the same head phones minus two functions when $16 Apple headphones have all three functions. It just seems like they easily could've gave all three functions but instead chose to hold the volume control hostage for the extra $20. They sell the same headphones for $20 extra for only volume control. That's shady right there.
- Other reviewers question the long term durability of these headphones. I can't confirm or deny the durability of these things yet, but you should still know about the questions out there.
- The button control is set in the center where both cords meet instead of just on the right cord like other headphones. Depending on which headphones you're used to this could take some getting used to, nothing major, a few days max.
For me personally I found these headphones perfect for my purposes. Some of these cons are really more FYIs to other people than cons for me. I don't mind clicking the volume buttons on my ipod directly, it just irked me that SOL holds the volume buttons hostage but sells the same headphones for an extra $20. If you've read all this and found this helpful then consider hitting that "helpful" button so other people can see this.
The only con is that after I opened the package when I got them, the box was kinda ripped open, no seals or anything like it, so I don't want to believe that I got a used pair instead of the "new" ones I supposed paid for.
Just don't go to bed with this on, you could actually hurt your ears. Other than that they work great, look even better and shipment arrived right on time, so nothing to worry about.
I'd recommend these earphones to everyone.
I think the highs are really good....listening to some Black Keys, Lumineers, Kings of Leon, Calle 13 and I'm picking up on background effects and sounds that I never noticed before. The bass is a tad bit hollow.
Aesthetically, they look really cool. The one "draw back" and this may be just my misunderstanding, is that I thought the cables were thin and flat, when looking on the pictures here on Amazon, which to me, made them look even cooler.
As for posts about Sol Republic not honoring their warranty if you purchased the headphones here on Amazon - that does not appear to be true. In registering my headphones on Sol Republic's website, Amazon is clearly listed as a retailer. (It's possible that the poster bought them from a third party vendor on Amazon, selling bootleg stuff....which, to be quite honest, seems to be happening more frequently here on Amazon, so they need to step up their game, but I digress....)
Overall, good solid headphones for the money. The "1 button" piece works to pause the music on my old Sony S tablet and it answers the phone on my Samsung Exhibit. (Yeah, don't laugh...) So, definitely worth the money. But, slim, flat cables would have made the "wow" factor a bit more impressive.
I only use these for when I'm doing stuff on my laptop and staying still. That's pretty much all these are good for, listening to music while not moving, which is fine because the sound quality is pretty good for the price I got them for $45.