Nanuk 925 Case with Cubed Foam -Black
- POWERCLAW LATCHING SYSTEM: The PowerClaw latching system (US Patent No. 8,297,464) used on all NANUK cases is engineered to keep your case closed during the toughest of missions. The PowerClaw clamps the case tightly closed using compressive force while the integrated slide lock prevents the case from opening during transport or when dropped. The super tough nylon construction ensures your precious items remain safely inside the case no matter where the journey takes you.
- WATERPROOF - IP67 RATED: NANUK Waterproof Cases IP67 Rated (Submersion at 3ft for 30 min) The waterproofing seal used in all NANUK watertight cases is custom designed to fit our products. The seal is designed to resist deformation and fatigue, ensuring a long lasting watertight seal.
- IMPACT RESISTANT NK-7 RESIN: Impact Resistant Hard Sided Cases NANUK tough cases were designed with one objective in mind: survival. With rounded corners, thick wall construction and oversized details, NANUK durable hard sided cases are built to absorb the shocks without damaging the case or more importantly your contents
- PADLOCKABLE: Every NANUK case come equipped with two padlockable hasps moulded directly into the case for superior strength. High quality TSA approved combination padlocks are available as an option to keep your items secure within your case.
- Interior dimensions L17.0" x W11.8" x H6.4" L432mm x W300mm x H163mm Exterior dimensions L18.7" x W14.8" x H7.0" L475mm x W376mm x H178mm Weight (empty) 6.2 lbs | 2.8 kg Lid depth 2.1" | 53mm Base depth 4.3" | 108mm Material lightweight NK-7 resin Max buoyancy 53 lbs | 24 kg Temperature range Min -20°F (-29°C ) Max 140°F (60°C) Airline carry-on yes Watertight yes Warranty conditional lifetime guarantee
NANUK cases are designed to protect the most sensitive equipment in the harshest environments. Whether battling the scorching heat of the Sahara desert or the bone chilling cold of the arctic, every detail of NANUK has been refined and perfected to offer the utmost in protection and performance. From our high-impact NK-7 resin to our PowerClaw latches, NANUK has been engineered and manufactured to stringent military specifications to surpass the needs of the most demanding users. These virtually indestructible, lightweight, watertight cases offer the ultimate grade of protection in a variety of sizes, configurations and colors. Complimented by a large selection of optional accessories and an incredible degree of customizability, NANUK is the best choice to move your equipment in complete security. Whether transporting valuable equipment around the world or simply protecting sensitive tools in the urban jungle, NANUK is up to the challenge. NANUK comes loaded with innovative features. Countless hours of research and development went into defining the requirements for NANUK. The result is a line of cases that are equipped to meet today’s challenges. Responding to feedback from professionals in various fields, NANUK is the evolution of traditional protective cases. NANUK has also been designed to adapt as your needs change. Many features that are optional on other cases are standard on NANUK. By integrating attachment features into the case at the design stage, you can easily add a shoulder strap or a panel kit without modifying the case with holes or additional hardware. The attachment features are already there when you need them. Waterproof. Lightweight impact resistant NK-7 resin. Lifetime guarantee. PowerClaw latching system. Soft grip foldable handle with handle stay. Integrated lid stay. 100% stainless steel hardware. Padlockable. Integrated bezel system. Stackable.
|5 星 (0%)||0%|
|4 星 (0%)||0%|
|3 星 (0%)||0%|
|2 星 (0%)||0%|
|1 星 (0%)||0%|
The Nanuk 925 case is similar to Pelican in features, with a few differences: The latches are of a better design, they will probably save your gear if they open somehow during a fall since they have an extra "safety" on them--even if latch pops, the case won't fall open. The handle folds into a locked position which is nice. Plastic seems softer but not sure if it is weaker. This case does NOT have the metal lock reinforcements like my Pelican. The padded dividers have less padding. The overall "outline" of the dividers is just as thick--sides and bottom--but the individual dividers are thinner. The divider system is much more customizable than the Pelican's due to the fact that the entire bottom has velcro and there are more/different sizes of dividers. However, the dividers, while better, are still not perfect. Two of the long ones only have velcro on one side and thus the case is not as customizable as it could be...
I shoot Pentax and I was able to fit the following gear in the Nanuk 925: Pentax DA 14mm f 2.8 w/hood, Sigma 28mm f1.8 w/hood, Pentax A 28mm f2.8, Pentax FA 35mm f2 w/hood, Pentax FA 50 f1.4, Pentax F 35-70 f3.5-4.5, Pentax DA 18-55 f4-5.6 AL II w/hood, Tamron 28-105 f4-5.6 w/hood, Pentax A 70-210 f4, Metz AF-58 Flash w/case, Pentax 28mm lens hood w/case, Hoya 49mm ND8 filter w/case.
That amount of gear filled the thing and I had two of the small dividers left over. I set it up as seen in the photos except I used the small dividers to sub divide the top right compartment into 3 sections for the 18-55 and 28-105 zooms and the 28mm lens hood and the bottom right section into one long portion for the 70-210 zoom and the hoya filter.
The 925 is about the size of a regular, full-size briefcase in all dimensions. This means you have little depth for larger lenses. In other words, you will have to lay the longer glass on its side. In my configuration all of the short glass was stuck in vertically with the exception of the 70-210 zoom. The flash also was placed on its side. I do not believe you could put a DSLR with grip in this standing up, it would have to lay on its back and thus take up more room. A DSLR without a grip/battery pack (Pentax k100d, k20d) would fit standing up. To compare, the Pelican 1510 is much deeper and you can put some telephotos in it straight up--I have a Takumar 200mm f4 and a Pentax FA 100-300 f4.7 in that case and they fit straight up and down, my k20d DSLR also fits in there with grip straight up as well.
Clearly, Nanuk is just as high quality as the Pelican, with some additional improvements. Their prices seem a bit more reasonable and they have sales--which I never find with Pelican. I like this case, but as always I wish I would have got a bigger one!
This is my first time buying a product like this, so I really have nothing to compare it to. Being a photography hobbyist I wanted somewhere to properly store my camera that would protect it for the few weeks it's not being used regularly. This case so far is perfect. And since I've bought it, it took one fall from a dinner table, and my equipment was safe and worked fine later that day. The case itself didn't have a single scratch on it. While I hope it will never fall from a higher position, I'm pretty confident that, if it did, the camera and lenses inside the case would be fine. The case also seals well to keep out dust and water.
The padding is a bit of a pain to shape. I had to spend an afternoon with an x-acto knife cutting out the shapes to fit my equipment (approximately 2 hours). It comes with two thick pads for the bottom part of the case, so it's possible to create a "bi-level" setup where one keeps smaller items in the bottom pad, and cut out spaces for larger items in the top pad. I did this so I could keep things like a wireless remote trigger, a couple memory cards, and a small manfrotto tripod (link to Manfrotto MTPIXI-B PIXI Mini Tripod, Black) under the padding that holds my camera and lenses.
The only thing I don't love about this case is that the design makes it possible to pinch a finger between the handle and the top of the case when moving the handle up from the locked down flat position to pick up the case. I've learned to grasp the handle squarely in the middle so that this doesn't happen, but a differently-shaped handle might be a good idea to eliminate these potential pinch points on either side.
That small quibble aside, I do like this case and have found no other issues with it.
It was easy to cut foam to place cameras. Cameras are securely held in place. Two locks on front of case are easy to unlock and not easy to unlock unless you mean to do so. Case is waterproof and shockproof. Excellent to keep cameras clean and easily transportable. Plan on additional purchases.