After reading the reviews on this product, I wasn't sure what to expect because the reviews were so varied in their complaints.
The key things I've noted after several weeks of use:
1) The blinking blue light isn't any more noticeable or obnoxious than any other Bluetooth headset I've used. Meaning, it's bright and somewhat annoying, but fairly normal, better than some in fact. The only way I could see it being a problem is in a small space at night. Say a car. But if you're driving with both ears covered, you've got more problems than blinking blue lights.
2) The sound quality is better than 90% of the Bluetooth headsets I've tried. Way better than Jabra or Motorola. From a call perspective, it's about the same, but as a stereo headset, it's so much better. I can listen to opera and hear the high and low vocals without distortion, which was impossible on the last Jabra I had.
3) It requires a pairing code!!! This is important to note. You can't pair it with a device that doesn't allow you to enter a code! So, it won't work with an off-the-shelf 3.5 or 2.5mm adapter. It pairs fine with my computer with built-in Bluetooth, and one of my cell phones because I can enter the code. It does not work with the Bluetooth dongle I bought for my MP3 player because no way to enter a pairing code. Also doesn't work with the USB Bluetooth radio I bought for my other PC. This I found annoying and was the chief reason I dropped a star from the rating. One way around this is to buy the 590A model, rather than the 590E model (the model I'm reviewing) because it comes with a paired adapter. However, the cost is much higher.
4) Yes, as others have noted, this headset is made of hard plastic. The more flexible material many of us are used to in headphones is completely absent here. So, if you sit on them, as one user mentioned, you will break them. So don't sit on them. They're not tiny, so they're hardly unobtrusive.
5) They are the rare over-the-head headphones. Most Bluetooth these days are behind the neck. I like behind the neck styles, but with very long hair, they're not the best option in the world. These stay on and are comfortable through several hours of wear, and haven't pulled out a single hair yet. My Jabra headphones ripped hair out constantly.
6) The controls are mostly nice. I like that they're all on one ear. Some other sets have the controls spread out over the two ear phones, which I find annoying. The one thing I don't like in the controls is that I naturally think of volume as UP DOWN and tracks as BACK FORWARD. The controls are the complete opposite, which is odd to me. The UP button is track forward, the DOWN button is track back. The FORWARD button is volume up and the BACK button is volume down. I don't know who thought of that of that bit of engineering, but it shouldn't have made it out of the drawing room.
Overall, I'm very happy with these headphones, there are some minor annoyances, but that can be said for every Bluetooth headphone on the market. The most important thing to me was that the sound quality be good for music play. I have many headsets for phone calls, but this was the first one that had nice music quality. I just wish it worked with a standard Bluetooth adapter. Perhaps next time.
|商品尺寸||30.48 x 20.32 x 12.7 cm; 4.54 克|
|型号 / 款式||UNHFP590E3|