Emile Henry Butter Pot, White
- Keeps 8 ounces butter spreadable-soft but fresh indefinitely
- Butter goes in lid, cold water in bottom to seal in freshness
- Heavy, durable stoneware made in Marcigny, France since 1850
- Bright white inside and outside, with smooth exterior
- Microwave- , dishwasher-safe; 4-1/2 inches in diameter
Natural butter at room temperature always tastes better and spreads easier with this butter pot from Emile Henry. The ingenious system uses ordinary tap water to keep your butter fresh for up to 30 days. Simply fill the base with the recommended amount of water, spread the a softened stick of butter in the top and invert into the base. With regular water changings, the butter will stay fresh and spreadable for up to 30 days. Made in Marcigny France since 1850, Emile Henry's Ceradon is an exclusive process to produce strong and durable ceramic bakeware and tableware for everyday use. It is designed with an extremely hard glaze that is shock and scratch resistant.
4" diameter x 4" H, with a 6 ounce capacity
|5 星 (0%)||0%|
|4 星 (0%)||0%|
|3 星 (0%)||0%|
|2 星 (0%)||0%|
|1 星 (0%)||0%|
My only gripes:
1. In our hot Texas summers my kitchen sometimes reaches 80+ degrees F (even with air-conditioning) which causes the butter to melt a little into the water.
2. Although this pot is of exceptional quality (which is why I have purchased them as gifts as well as for myself) they are pretty expensive for what they are.
Other than those minor concerns, I would recommend this item to anyone who loves fresh, soft and delicious, real butter!
Keep in mind, it doesn't keep the butter *indefinitely*... there is a point if you, for example, go on vacation for 3 weeks and leave just a little bit of butter inside with the water, you'll get mold (not that I have ever done that before ;), but I consider that 'user error' LOL Dishwaher-safe, easily cleans up.