General Tools & Instruments 拱冲孔器 1/4" 1271A
- The General Tools and Instruments 1271A Arch Punch is the ideal punch tool for punching a 1/4 inch hole
- The punch works on leather, rubber, canvas, plastic, sheet metal, gasket material, cardboard and softer metals
- The internal punch features an inside taper for clearance
- The punches are heat treated forged steel, ensuring long lasting performance
- Because of this heat treatment, the cutting edge will stay sharper longer
' Arch Punch, Length (In.) 3-5/64, Tip Size (In.) 1/4, Not Tether Capable, Circular, Inside Taper for Clearance Design, Heat Treated Forged Steel Construction, Fabricating Tools Used to Perforate Material and Create Cuts or Holes In The Shape of A Circular Punch Edge, For Creating Precise Holes In Gasket Material, Rubber and Soft Metals '
|5 星 (0%)||0%|
|4 星 (0%)||0%|
|3 星 (0%)||0%|
|2 星 (0%)||0%|
|1 星 (0%)||0%|
At first, I was using a cutting board under the chipboard, but the cutting board had a rubber bottom. This would absorb most of the blow, causing me to hit the punch 10+ times for a single cut. Originally, I thought that it was dull and almost returned it. When I switched to a firm cutting board and put it on a solid concrete surface where no energy could be absorbed, it now easily cuts in 1-3 hits. I don't know how long the life will be, but I've been very happy with the performance so far.
Be sure to wear gloves and safety glasses when using this to protect yourself in the case it flies apart when in use.
I recommend using this tool on a wood-top surface so you have a strong platform, but won't dull the edge.
Multiple web pages cover the particulars if you are interested in fermenting your own hot pepper sauce, sauerkraut or kimchee.