- 出版社: Rux Martin / Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (2015年5月19日)
- 精装: 320页
- 语种： 英语
- ISBN: 054412989X
- 条形码: 9780544129894
- 商品尺寸: 20.2 x 2.8 x 25.4 cm
- 商品重量: 1.2 Kg
- 品牌: Rux Martin / Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- ASIN: 054412989X
- 用户评分: 分享我的评价
- 亚马逊热销商品排名: 图书商品里排第435,837名 (查看图书商品销售排行榜)
Maangchi's Real Korean Cooking: Authentic Dishes for the Home Cook (英语) 精装 – 2015年5月19日
"Whipping up the most delicious Korean food, Maangchi invites us all into her kitchen with YouTube to learn the tricks of the trade, one chop at a time." --The New York Times
"It is her sense of humor and traditional experience in Korean cooking that draws viewers to Maangchi's videos." --NY Daily News
"Maangchi is an amazing source for authentic Korean recipes that are easily and thoroughly explained for amateur and professional cooks alike. Her passion for Korean food and her pursuit of culinary excellence have inspired myself and many others." --Hooni Kim, Danjii restaurant, New York City
MAANGCHI ("Hammer" in Korean) was born and raised in South Korea, where she learned the fundamentals of home cooking from her relatives. A former counselor of victims of domestic violence and a movie extra, she is the founder and owner of maangchi.com, the top online destination for Korean cooking. She also has her own YouTube channel.
|5 星 (0%)|
|4 星 (0%)|
|3 星 (0%)|
|2 星 (0%)|
|1 星 (0%)|
I have been using Maangchi's website for her Korean recipes ever since I began living alone and wanted to try my hand at authentic Korean cuisine. Maangchi is such a great instructor and cook, providing clear cut instructions for her recipes. I was SOOO happy when I heard that she was coming out with a full cookbook. I preordered it, and I also received the autograph the day before I received the book. The autograph comes on a sticker, and I proudly stuck her autograph on the inside of the book. :)
Most recipes are found on her website, with some new ones. All recipes come with a final picture of the dish, with some coming with pictures of the cooking process.
Some really amazing things that I LOVE about the book:
1. Maangchi has a section dedicated to showing small pictures and descriptions of the essential Korean ingredients and equipment used in the cookbook. Very useful so you know what you're looking for when you're shopping in a very diverse and large oriental market!
2. There are 11 sections:
Rice, noodles, soups/stews, kimchi, side dishes, pancakes, snacks, party food, fermented foods, sauces/garnishes, and desserts. The largest section is the side dish section, one of the main reasons I bought the book!
3. There is a small section in the back of the book listing what a typical Korean day is in terms of meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner), and as well as lists of dishes typically served during holidays.
4. The photographs are very vibrant and beautiful, with labels to know exactly what you're looking at.
5. She even included some comments that people posted on her website when they were asking for tips related to the dishes. Very cool!
The reason why it's a 4.5 star review is because of a couple small things:
1. There is no Korean writing at all in this book. It would have been very nice and convenient if the names of the dishes were written in Hangul too (they are written in Romanization, but that is not always helpful when you're trying to translate it into Korean!). I actually went through the entire book and penned the names of the dishes in Hangul (with a pink permanent marker to match the color scheme! ;)).
2. The pictures of the dishes do not always follow the recipe underneath. Some recipes will say that the picture of the dish is on the following page. I understand that some recipes are complex and fitting a picture in along with the recipe is not feasible, but it would have been helpful to see, perhaps, a tiny picture of the finished dish next to the dish name, and then have a larger picture (maybe from a different angle, or so) showing more details of the dish.
Regardless of these two small details, I absolutely love the book, and I think Maangchi is super awesome. I am very excited to try cooking some of these dishes. I already have some stickied for the future!
Thanks, Maangchi, for making such a great cookbook! :)
But there's a problem: I'm terrible at cooking. Just terrible. I need pictures, love, and encouragement to actually cook an edible meal. This cookbook provides it all. Maangchi uses great photos, crystal-clear instructions, and an introductory guide to the Korean pantry as the perfect recipe to teach anyone (including clueless cooks like me) how to make delicious Korean food.
Bonus: my boyfriend loves the recipes too! We are planning on cooking a special meal together soon.