- 出版社: O'Reilly Media, Inc, USA (2008年5月1日)
- 平装: 172页
- 语种： 英语
- ISBN: 0596517742
- 条形码: 0636920517740, 9780596517748
- 商品尺寸: 17.8 x 1 x 23.3 cm
- 商品重量: 290 g
- 品牌: O'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- ASIN: 0596517742
- 用户评分: 分享我的评价
- 第50位 - 图书 > 进口原版书 > Computers & Technology（计算机与科技） > Web Development & Design（网络发展及设计） > Web Design
- 第94位 - 图书 > 进口原版书 > Computers & Technology（计算机与科技） > Networking（网络） > Internet, Groupware, & Telecommunications
Don't pay attention to the comments about this book not having direction or too much fluff. Those are opinions of readers who did not have the capability to understand the content. I can say this because I have read this book many times and to be truthy, I didn't understand but maybe 50% of the content on initial readings.
Chapters 3, 4 and 5 are the heart of the book. These thirty-six pages more than justify the book's cost. I tend to buy smaller books these days. This book reached a new high for the amount of useful content divided by price. (Rivaled by the "K & R" book. But have you priced that sucker lately?)
I have to stretch to find something to gripe about, but here goes. In places, Crockford's explanation of a language flaw or limitation is immediately followed by a fix, usually by augmenting one of the base prototypes. It likely shows my own unfamiliarity with his subject matter, but I find these "corrections" jarring: I haven't yet grasped all the language features and here you are changing them in front of me. I'm not sure whether moving these fixes to a separate section(s) would be an improvement. Perhaps not.
Overall, a great read. Something you can refer to many times.
for your pursuit of knowledge. In my case, I started with the ECMA-262 standard
for ECMAScript 5. You can tell that there was a lot of love there; though it
wasn't really the right place (at least for me) to get started. Instead I wanted
a "when the tires hit the pavement" overview, and the book delivered that.
The book is lovingly written in a way that all technical people should behave,
or for that matter, every conscious entity should behave: focus on the positive,
respect the negative, and move on with life. The book covers tons of great guts
of the language and how to use it "for real". I need not say more, the book
delivers on its promises, and that is why I gave it a 5/5.
The Kindle version looks great, everything is readable. The chapters and
sections are light and terse, you get a lot of bang for your buck. In terms of
the voice, it wasn't my personal preference, and for me it was really hard
reading, but that is my problem, not the author's, and consequently the rating
- 图书 > 进口原版 > Computers & Technology（计算机与科技） > Networking（网络） > Internet, Groupware, & Telecommunications
- 图书 > 进口原版 > Computers & Technology（计算机与科技） > Programming（编程） > Languages & Tools
- 图书 > 进口原版 > Computers & Technology（计算机与科技） > Programming（编程） > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- 图书 > 进口原版 > Computers & Technology（计算机与科技） > Web Development & Design（网络发展及设计） > Web Design
- 图书 > 进口原版 > Reference（参考书）