- 出版社: O'Reilly Media, Inc, USA; 1 (2002年10月4日)
- 丛书名: Definitive Guide
- 平装: 658页
- 语种： 英语
- ISBN: 1565925092
- 条形码: 9781565925090, 0636920925095
- 商品尺寸: 17.8 x 3.6 x 23.3 cm
- 商品重量: 1 Kg
- 品牌: O'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- ASIN: 1565925092
- 用户评分: 1 条商品评论
- 第6位 - 图书 > 进口原版书 > Computers & Technology（计算机与科技） > Web Development & Design（网络发展及设计） > Web Services
- 第15位 - 图书 > 进口原版书 > Computers & Technology（计算机与科技） > Web Development & Design（网络发展及设计） > Web Design
- 第36位 - 图书 > 进口原版书 > Computers & Technology（计算机与科技） > Networking（网络） > Internet, Groupware, & Telecommunications
HTTP (英语) 平装 – 2002年10月4日
"I think this book is an extremely useful, very comprehensive and clearly-written reference to all aspects of the internals of the Web going well beyond just the bare mechanics of HTTP. Even where its huge detail does stop on a topic, there are extensive and useful references for further reading on each topic covered given at the end of nearly every chapter." - John Collins, News@UK, March 2003
Brian Totty is the Vice President of R&D at Inktomi Corporation. He has led the technical design and development of web caching, streaming media, and Internet search technologies since he helped found Inktomi in 1996. David Gourley is the Chief Technology Officer of Endeca, where he leads the research and development of Endeca's products. David was a member of the founding engineering team at Inktomi, where he helped develop Inktomi's Internetsearch database, and was a key developer of Inktomi's web caching products. Marjorie Sayer writes about network caching software at Inktomi Corporation. Sailu Reddy writes about network caching software at Inktomi Corporation. Anshu Aggarwal is a Director of Engineering at Inktomi.
When I looked for a guide to HTTP, the only cons of this book was its age. Printed, now (2015) 13 years ago, I hesitated if the book is up-to-date. 13 years in IT is like a millennium of human history. Fortunately, my fears soon had disappeared. The book fully covers HTTP 1.1, which is still the most up-to-date version of HTTP protocol. It simply means that the book 13 years since its publication is still perfectly valid.
One thing that can strike a potential buyer is the book size. The HTTP protocol is a relatively simple protocol that was designed as a human readable protocol. In fact, its basic structure can be described in few pages. So why to have 500 pages? It's because the protocol has a lot of very important subtleties that the book covers to the details. Things like TCP connection management, caching, proxies, encodings, authentications, redirection, and even Web robots are covered there. And not just covered, but described on virtually hundreds of figures. For me these figures are the best thing of the book. I can't remember the other text that would have so well-designed figures. The figures are intuitive and easy to follow. Many times they helped me to understand the following text.
As a SW developer I can say, the book is not just and an excellent study material and a great manual of the protocol, but using the text, it's easy to implement your own HTTP parser with things like optimal connection management that are essential for an effective browsing.
Even now in the advent of HTTP 2.0, HTTP: The Definitive Guide: The Definitive Guide is still an essential guide to everyone who needs to understand this protocol.
Still, for such a long book, it's amazing that they kept their focus on HTTP so well - there's a lot of good advice and information in there. I'd recommend it to anybody who deals with the web at a technical level, from programmers to website administrators.
- 图书 > 进口原版 > Computers & Technology（计算机与科技） > Networking（网络） > Internet, Groupware, & Telecommunications
- 图书 > 进口原版 > Computers & Technology（计算机与科技） > Programming（编程） > Languages & Tools
- 图书 > 进口原版 > Computers & Technology（计算机与科技） > Web Development & Design（网络发展及设计） > Programming
- 图书 > 进口原版 > Computers & Technology（计算机与科技） > Web Development & Design（网络发展及设计） > Web Design
- 图书 > 进口原版 > Computers & Technology（计算机与科技） > Web Development & Design（网络发展及设计） > Web Services
- 图书 > 进口原版 > Reference（参考书）