- 出版社: Puffin Books (1976年9月30日)
- 外文书名: 蓝色杨柳
- 丛书名: Newbery Library, Puffin
- 平装: 176页
- 读者对象: 8 - 12 岁
- 语种： 英语
- ISBN: 0140309241
- 条形码: 9780140309249
- 商品尺寸: 12.7 x 1.1 x 19.6 cm
- 商品重量: 204 g
- ASIN: 0140309241
- 用户评分: 分享我的评价
- 第416位 - 图书 > 进口原版书 > Children's Books（儿童图书） > Geography & Cultures（地理与文化） > Multicultural Stories（多元文化故事）
- 第435位 - 图书 > 进口原版书 > Children's Books（儿童图书） > Geography & Cultures（地理与文化） > Where We Live（生活环境）
- 第1244位 - 图书 > 进口原版书 > Children's Books（儿童图书） > Geography & Cultures（地理与文化） > Explore the World（探索世界）
Blue Willow (英语) 平装 – 1976年9月30日
买满 ￥88.00 立减 ￥10.00: 满足条件自动优惠
"This story, told with sensitive beauty, should widen the horizons of those who read it."--The Horn Book
Doris Gates was a librarian and writer of children's fiction. Blue Willow was groundbreaking in its use of realistic storytelling for children. Doris Gates is also known for her collections of Greek mythology, including A Fair Wind for Troy.
此商品在美国亚马逊上最有用的商品评论 (beta) (可能包括"Early Reviewer Rewards Program"的评论)
When I was a little girl, I found this book in my school library. I had a rough life, but nothing like this little girl. In the days before Caesar Chavez, these migrant worker camps were just down the road. The life lesson I learned from this book, has been learned by every child I have given this book to, it's that good. When my youngest grandchild developed and interest in my library, I went to get him a copy of this book, only to find I had given my last copy away.
In this day and age of interactive technology, there is still something transporting about paper. The feel of the page between your fingers, the weight of the book, there is something comforting and calming about old technology. Books are fragile and I have found that books teach respect. So, when kids look through my library they engage, if they fall in love with reading great, with paper books, even better.
What gets them is, like the Boxcar Children, these are real people, just like them.
Janey's treasured Blue Willow plate is her means of hanging onto the past with hope for the future. The plate recalled days when her family owned their own home and farm, and when her own mother was alive. It gave to Janey hope that she might once again have the joys of stability, sufficient food and clothing, and rest from the grinding poverty that oppressed her, her father and step-mother.
This book has excellent lessons to teach: of friendship that reaches across cultural and financial borders; of learning to love and accept someone who doesn't always show their love back to you; of exciting horizons that a caring teacher opens up to a knowledge-hungry pupil; and the meaning of courage defined by faithfulness in hard times, regardless of the cost.
Janey is 10 at the opening of the story; I would recommend the book to those nine and up. It is a touching classic that needs to be read by young people, to provoke a deeper thoughtfulness about life, and thankfulness for what they have.
I'm not sure I would agree that it is the "young version of The Grapes of Wrath"... but it is worth a discussion in a classroom.
--Dawnene Casey Donikowski
- 图书 > 进口原版 > Children's Books（儿童图书） > Geography & Cultures（地理与文化） > Explore the World（探索世界）
- 图书 > 进口原版 > Children's Books（儿童图书） > Geography & Cultures（地理与文化） > Multicultural Stories（多元文化故事）
- 图书 > 进口原版 > Children's Books（儿童图书） > Geography & Cultures（地理与文化） > Where We Live（生活环境）
- 图书 > 进口原版 > Children's Books（儿童图书） > Growing Up & Facts of Life（成长与常识）