- 出版社: HarperCollins; Reissue (2007年8月14日)
- 丛书名: Betsy-Tacy
- 平装: 144页
- 读者对象: 8 - 12 岁
- 语种： 英语
- ISBN: 0064400964
- 条形码: 9780064400961
- 商品尺寸: 15.2 x 0.9 x 22.9 cm
- 商品重量: 163 g
- ASIN: 0064400964
- 用户评分: 分享我的评价
- 第163位 - 图书 > 进口原版书 > Children's Books（儿童图书） > History（儿童历史知识） > United States（美国）
- 第232位 - 图书 > 进口原版书 > Children's Books（儿童图书） > Literature & Fiction（文学小说） > Historical Fiction（历史小说）
- 第492位 - 图书 > 进口原版书 > Children's Books（儿童图书） > Growing Up & Facts of Life（成长与常识） > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life（友谊，社交技巧与校园生活） > Friendship（友谊）
Betsy-Tacy (英语) 平装 – 2007年8月14日
"Sameera is an intelligent, witty and prepossessed heroine." --Publishers Weekly (added by author)
"A detailed and fun glimpse into campaigning's hectic reality." --Kirkus (added by author)
"Sparrow goes from invisible teenage schoolgirl to glam chic, thanks to the campaign's makevoer gurus, but discovering just who the real Sameera Righton is turns out to be the best adventure of all." --Bloomsbury Review (added by author)
"Sameera is a savvy and appealing character, and while teen girls will love reading about her makeover, they will also come away with a sense of the demands made on those who are constantly in the public eye." --School Library Journal (added by author)
Sameera is a savvy and appealing character. School Library Journal
Mitali Perkins (mitaliperkins.com) was born in Kolkata, India and immigrated at age seven to the States with her family. Her other award-winning books for young readers include Monsoon Summer, Rickshaw Girl, Secret Keeper, First Daughter: White House Rules, and Bamboo People. Mitali speaks frequently about the transforming power of stories as well as growing up between cultures. She lives in Newton, Massachusetts with her husband, sons, and Labrador retrievers, blogs on Mitali's Fire Escape (mitaliblog.com), and stays connected through Twitter (twitter.com/mitaliperkins) and Facebook (facebook.com/authormitaliperkins). (edited by author)
此商品在美国亚马逊上最有用的商品评论 (beta) (可能包括"Early Reviewer Rewards Program"的评论)
Maud Lovelace was only a couple of years older than my father. These stories about the early 1900s give a good feeling for that period. Just think about buying lunch; sandwich, milk, and dessert, for 15 cents and going to the library alone for the whole day.
The first four books will be a birthday gift to my 11 year old granddaughter. At Christmas she will get the other 6 stories. I have no doubt that she will enjoy them.
The Betsy-Tacy books were partially autobiographical and Lovelace perfectly captures the innocence and magic of childhood. Betsy's imaginative stories, such as riding a feather, are delightful. Even though they are children, Betsy and Tacy's lives are, as in real life, not always happy. The death of Tacy's baby sister, left tears in my eyes yet joy at the innocence of youth as Betsy and Tacy leave an Easter Egg in a tree with the belief that a bird will carry it up to Heaven and give it to Tacy's sister.
I loved these books as a child and I'm happy to say I still love them as an adult. This is a great book for young and old.
- 图书 > 进口原版 > Children's Books（儿童图书） > Growing Up & Facts of Life（成长与常识） > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life（友谊，社交技巧与校园生活） > Friendship（友谊）
- 图书 > 进口原版 > Children's Books（儿童图书） > History（儿童历史知识） > United States（美国）
- 图书 > 进口原版 > Children's Books（儿童图书） > Literature & Fiction（文学小说） > Historical Fiction（历史小说）